The European Federation for Medical Informatics Association (EFMI)
The European Federation for Medical Informatics Association (EFMI) is the leading organisation in medical informatics in Europe and represents 32 countries. EFMI is organised as a non-profit organisation concerned with the theory and practice of Information Science and Technology within Health and Health Science in a European context.
The objectives, when founded in 1976, were:
• To advance international co-operation and dissemination of information in medical informatics on a European basis
• To promote high standards in the application of medical informatics
• To promote research and development in medical informatics
• To encourage high standards in education in medical informatics
• To function as the autonomous European Regional Council of IMIA