Call for Submissions
Call for submissions is closed
MIE 2018 will take place 24th to 26th April 2018, in Gothenburg, Sweden. The Swedish Association of Medical Informatics will host the conference in collaboration with EFMI (European Federation for Medical Informatics). The conference will be co-located with the eHealth conference and exhibition Vitalis. MIE2018 is the 29th Medical Informatics Europe conference and marks the 40th anniversary of the MIE conferences, since the first conference in Cambridge, UK.
We invite you to submit scientific contributions to the conference. MIE2018’s chosen focus is “Building Continents of Knowledge in Oceans of Data: the Future of Co-Created eHealth”, pointing to the broad range of topics in digitising health care, citizen participation, professional challenges meeting health information technology, data science, population health informatics, learning health systems, connected health and changing health systems. These topics are addressed from the perspectives of citizens, patients and their families, health professionals, health informaticians, service providers, standards developers and policy makers alike.
We invite you to submit contributions to share your latest achievements in biomedical and health informatics. We encourage contributions about methodologies and applications, success stories, but also lessons learned and surprises from completed or on-going projects. We expect papers on the role of information, data and knowledge in the increasingly complex, digitalised health care system, charged with activities for prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Furthermore, we welcome contributions on how big data analytics and data science methods may advance healthcare, how to encourage empowerment, participation and digital health literacy, or evolving balances of professional, engineering and public requirements to co-create sustainable eHealth.
The MIE2018 programme will contain presentations of full papers, short communications, posters, workshops, panels, as well as interactive demonstrations related to the following topics:
- Data Science, Advanced Analytics and Big Data in Health
- Digital and Connected Health
- Learning Healthcare Systems
- Translational Bioinformatics and Electronic Phenotyping
- Patient-centred, Collaborative and Personalised Care
- Public Trust and Citizen Engagement
- Sustainability of health and care/crowd sourcing/social communities,
- Health Informatics Education, e-learning,
- Digital Health Literacy
- Work force preparation, Capacity Building and Team Science
- Innovative Information Governance
- Ambient Assisted Living, Self-care application, Smart Cities and the Internet of Things
- Quantified Self and Personal Science
- Evaluation of Health Informatics solutions
- Medical Knowledge representation and management
- Formalization of expert reasoning
- Health serious gaming
We are also eliciting proposals for half or full day pre-conference tutorials. The submission should be 3 pages outlining the topic, audience and level of presentation as well as expected learning outcomes from the tutorial. There will be a separate registration for tutorials and a minimum number of participants is mandatory for the tutorial to take place. No honorarium will be offered to tutorial organisers / speakers.