Science Slam, medical informatics in 8 minutes
In three years, the Science Slam has become one of the most popular sessions of the yearly MIE conference. During the Science Slam you have eight minutes to share your knowledge about medical informatics with the audience. From stand-up comedy to live experiments, anything is possible.
The previous edition saw poetry, Pokémon Go!, and David Beckham, Barbie and Darth Vader embarking on journeys with patient portals, data science and big data wars.
All selected participants will be commended for their contribution. The top three best presenters will receive prizes of € 450, € 200 respectively € 100.
How to apply
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a student (bachelor, master or PhD) or early career researcher in medical informatics, data science or a related field
- Are attending MIE 2018 in Gothenburg
Submit an abstract (max. 350 words) or short video (max. 2 minutes) about your Science Slam idea to firstname.lastname@example.org
From your submission it should be clear what the topic and format of your talk are. Keep in mind that the topic should be related to the medical informatics research field, and that the best Science Slams entertain as well as educate the conference audience.
Submission deadline is Wednesday 28 February, 23.59 CET (Central European Time).
- Submission closes on Wednesday February 28, 23.59 CET
- Participants will receive notifications of acceptance early March
- Participants will provide proof of registration to MIE 2018 early March
- the Science Slam will take place on Tuesday 24 April
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com